Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Year, New Blog, Same Journey

How unbelievable...I've not written one single post here since a year ago (a little under a year - ten months) ha!  That does not mean I have not written, just not here.  It also does not mean I've not been continuing on my journey.  Perhaps now I have more to write about, more to share because of the time spent away from this precious blog.  In the past, I've chosen to share only what God pressed upon my heart to share.  It is my hope that many of you who read what I write will be inspired, encouraged and motivated.  That's what started this blog.  I was looking for motivation and seeking thoughts, answers to prayers while in a new unfamiliar place.  I found myself reaching out to other women who were traveling the same road in different places, cultures.  The internet is a blessing and a curse.  To know that I can read a story someone wrote ten miles away or 10,000 just by doing a search and pressing a button is exciting and a little scary, lol.  The amazing part is, that story can very easily relate to my own.  Thus, I titled this post, "New Year, New Blog, Same Journey."  It is for sure January, marking the beginning of the new year, 2015.  No, I didn't come up with a list of new accomplishments or resolutions I'd like to see manifest this year.  I did, however, keep up the same vision board my husband and I share on our bedroom wall.  I made a few adjustments, added a few things; but nevertheless, those things we are dreaming of, hoping for haven't diminished.  What has changed, however, is our approach.  Let me tell you briefly how I wanted lots of things to happen last year that just didn't.  Even over the last few years I've been trying to make some really major things happen - nothing.  The ideas were great, and the vision was extremely incredible to look at.  My view, however was tainted.  I was running after what "I" wanted.  My motivation was based on how "I" wanted it to go, what outcome "I" wanted to have.  In August and September of 2014, God took me through a trial that proved to be an amazing awakening and shaking all at once.  I underwent two medical procedures that pushed me to press the "stop" button on everything.  I laugh, because for a while I still tried to run after a few things and quickly learned that nothing out of my own strength would lead to the success I was aiming for.  You see, there is something weaved into the total DNA of those of us who "know better."  It's different when you are out there doing what you know to do that's always worked for you.  But those of us who have been awakened, enlightened, told by God that there is a better way - we cannot do it the way the world does it with success.  I am a firm believer of this now more than ever.  Isaiah 55:9 says "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."  And I absolutely love verse 11: "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."  Awesome!!!!  This is God's guarantee that if we go His way, do it His way and not our own, He shall see to it that wherever we go (that He sends us), prosperity and fruitfulness WILL manifest!  I don't know about you but I'm sold!  That's why this year, I'm on the same road, but I've got a different walk, a new language that I speak, and a new mindset as I head in the direction He's leading me to go.  Weary I get at times, but He keeps giving me fresh winds and new strength because I'm set out to do His work!  So...expect new things to come - especially consistent entries, ha ha!  And....drum roll....a new blog address soon!  I'm expecting new followers, readers, and have even grafted in some amazing women to help me make this little virtual ministry even greater.  

I'll be updating you on the new location very soon, as we are moving to an official website.  There are also going to be some new topics coming up, such as "homeschooling" for all of you who are curious, for it and in the same boat with me, or for it and don't know where to start.  Also, I'm finally going to get "My Cup of Tea" off the ground, as some fabulous mommas I know from here to across the waters are going to be featured with their shared words of wisdom and stories of courage to inspire and motivate us all!  See you really soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment