Sunday, September 22, 2013

Working Overtime: Not for the Money...for the Benefits

Okay, so this Sunday morning is moving too fast.  My eyes opened to the sun creeping in through the blinds and the sound of the boys anxiously awaiting for me to get up and fix them breakfast.  I worked 12 hours yesterday and somehow managed to take them out for some recreational fun in between.  While that's the amazingness about working from home, it's the wake up call when your body screams at you that you haven't rested well or long enough.  As a PK (Pastor's Kid), it is quite strange to not be in church on a Sunday morning.  Perhaps God would be more disappointed in me if I didn't live for Him everyday, or at all, rather than because I missed a day of church?...lol.  Yet and still, I open my bible to seek His guidance and instruction for the day.  I say a prayer in my moment of weakness, asking for Him to give me strength.  I realize, these children require more of me than I sometimes feel able to give.  Their smiles, their giggles of joy, and the moments of wisdom, love and hope we share together motivate me and drive me to push onward.  They are listening when we are talking to them, and they remember when we forget.  I realize in this moment, that they need me to get up, and I will.  This is the job that never quits, does not pay with money, and requires lots of travel and that I be on call for duty at anytime of day or night.  I don't work to parent, and raise my children for the paycheck, but for the benefits.  They will grow to be great people who contribute something wonderful to this world... because today, I chose to get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment